Home
Up

Weeping Ocean

(This is my English adaptation of the Mandarin song, "听海")
 
Tell me what you've seen today

写信告诉我今天

Riding the ocean waves?

海是什么颜色?

The ocean that night after night

夜夜陪著你的海

Has stood crying by my side

心情又如何?

A grey shimmer embracing

灰色是不想说

The blues in her eyes 蓝色是忧郁
Your endless drifting 而漂泊的你
My heart shattering 狂浪的心
I see them in her tears
 
停在哪里?
 
Tell me what you'll dream tonight 写信告诉我今夜
After we say good-bye

你想要梦什么?

Will you hear me in your dreams?

梦里外的我是否

Will we still be the same?

都让你无从选择?

I'm holding my breaking heart

我揪著一颗心

I thought we'd never be apart

整夜都闭不了眼睛

Will we again someday run past

为何你明明动了情

An ocean this blue, this vast?
 

不靠近?
 

See, the ocean still weeps

听,海哭的声音!

She must be feeling the hurt in me

叹惜著谁又被伤了心

That cries me to sleep

却还不清醒!

Will I ever find

一定不是我

My too soon lost peace of mind?

至少我很冷静

My raging tears, only my tears

可是泪水,就连泪水

Can sweep my path clear
 
也都不相信
 
See, the ocean still weeps

听,海哭的声音!

Why is she crying so much for me

这片海未免也太多情

From dawn until eve?

悲泣到天明!

Tell me what you'll dream

写封信给我

Tell me we'll be the same

就当最後约定

So that I'll finally know how we

说你在离开我的时候

May find our way

是怎样的心情!

 

 

Tai Meng | 孟泰 | Last Updated: July 23, 2013